There is no magic pill to prevent cognitive decline. However, consuming a lot of nuts, fruits, vegetables, legumes and whole grains can protect the brain from early aging and (now common) dysfunctions.
Nutrients like omega-3, B vitamins and antioxidants support brain health. Child brain development food must contain these nutrients and incorporating food rich in these on a regular basis can improve the health of the brain, memory, cognition and attention.
- Ashwagandha: This herb is known to reduce anxiety and stress. It has been seen to increase acetylcholine levels which support better memory, mental focus and intelligence. This herb also reduces mental fatigue and enhances sleep quality. It protects the brain nerve cells from damage. It is the best food for toddlers’ brain development.
- Brahmi: This Ayurvedic herb is believed to sharpen the brain by protecting cells and increasing chemicals associated with learning and memory and hence it is a child brain development food. It has shown to improve spatial learning and retaining power.
- Shallaki: This herb improves brain function mainly due to its antioxidant property. The antioxidants present fight against the free radicals responsible for causing brain cell damage and support stronger memory and can be used as child brain development food
- Curcumin: A compound found in turmeric, offers therapeutic relief. It is a rich antioxidant which supports brain cell damage. It has been found to delay or reverse brain diseases or age related decreases in brain function and can be used as a child brain development food.
- Walnut: Best food for toddlers brain development. It is a top nut for brain health with a significantly high concentration of Omega-3. Study has shown it to protect brain health in newborns, improve cognitive performance and prevent cognitive decline. Consume soaked walnuts.
- Hazelnut & Almond: Both are the most concentrated sources of vitamin E available which aids in cognitive development of the brain and delays brain decline. It is best to soak these overnight and then eat as (child brain development food).
Peanut: Peanuts are high in Vitamin B3 (Niacin) and B1 (thiamine) which support healthy brain function in a child. The high concentration of Vitamin E antioxidants in peanuts protects against brain nerve damage. It is best to consume soaked peanuts as that increases the antioxidant content manifolds, while retaining the Vitamin Bs. Peanuts are the cheapest and best food for toddlers brain development.
- Pumpkin Seed: Pumpkin seeds are high in magnesium, copper, and much higher in zinc than other seeds, which help in increasing concentration and memory. Magnesium in the seed helps with stress-busting and the presence of a unique compound supports the production of good mood chemical serotonin. Pumpkin seeds are considered as child brain development food.
- Soy: The nutrient content of soy foods is linked to improvements in cognitive and memory functions. This bean is rich in a particular group of antioxidants called polyphenols which save the brain from free radical damage.
- Banana: It improves the memory power. Vitamin B6 in bananas promotes the production of serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine which enhances concentration and ability to focus. Banana is one of the child brain development food.
- Spinach: It has a wide variety of brain-boosting nutrients- Vitamin A, B12, K and Iron and considered as best food for toddlers brain development. Researchers have found that even one serving of spinach per day may help your brain stay a decade younger (probably owing to Vitamin A) than those who do not consume the green leafy vegetable on a regular basis.
- Dark Chocolate: A study showed that eating cocoa for five days improved blood flow to the brain. Compounds in dark chocolate boost memory, attention span, reaction time and problem-solving skills. It is kids favorite and works as child brain development food.