For the world, 2020 was all about immunity. We had never dreamt about going through such trying medical and emotional conditions. It taught us that in some situations science and medicine also fail to help us as spontaneously as our own immunity can. now the question arises: how to increase immunity in child ?
From the past two decades, our lifestyle, especially food habits, has evolved. This change, not necessarily all good, has mainly affected kids as they are the ones latching on to the trend of packaged comfort foods . Have you ever thought about what you had snacked on as a kid? For most of us, the meals were simple, seasonal, locally procured veggies and fruits. The cart of street vendors could easily detail out the oncoming season.
At the beginning of autumn carts would be full of corn on the cob to strengthen our gut for seasonal changes and allergies. Once that would pass, the season of roasted peanuts, jaggery sweets, and oranges would come to build our immunity further to fight the winter flu. Our kids are deprived of the science of eating the naturally available superfoods in particular seasons or rather not eating them at all. They are forgotten and sadly forgone.
How to increase immunity in child
The food we eat plays a key role in determining the overall health and immunity. Replacing carbs-heavy comfort-food with a good balance of nuts, grains, veggies and fruits adds Vitamin A, C, D, E which are high antioxidants and prepare the body to fight . It gives the body a condition of being able to resist a particular disease.
- Kids should consume sufficient amounts of vitamin C during growing years to support development of bones and teeth. Vitamin C keeps the immunity of the child high and safeguards from unwanted bugs and germs. Orange is a great source of Vitamin C. Foods rich in vitamin C are the best immunity booster food for kids. (Foods that can help to solve cough in kids)
- Full of Vitamin E, they are a great source of antioxidants that keep the body healthy and disease free by neutralising free radicals and reducing inflammation. Study presents that some roasted nuts appear to have an increased antioxidant level compared with raw ones. Nuts are considered as the best food to increase immunity in child naturally. (Easy peanut Choco balls recipe)
The flower of the Moringa tree can be cooked and added to gravy. It tastes like mushroom. They can also be brewed and enjoyed like hot tea (or cool drink with added flavours of lemon or honey). Hot tea is a great way to feed kids added Vitamin C for immunity during the period of congestion, cold or coughs. Moringa leaves have 7 times more Vitamin C than oranges, making it a super immunity booster food for kids. (List of easy proteins for the day)
Yoghurt or curd helps to boost the immunity mechanism. It has been proved that If you consume two cups of curd for five months everyday it will boost up the fighting capacity with infections in your blood by 5-6 times as compared to not eating curd. The good bacteria found in curd (fermented food) helps in building a stronger immune system. Kefir is also a great way of feeding gut friendly bacterias. It is undoubtedly the best food to increase immunity in child naturally. (Easy probiotics to feed kids)
Mulberries are outstanding immunity booster food for kids.They are colourful berries that are eaten both fresh and dried. They are a good source of Iron, Vitamin C, and several plant compounds. A single serving of mulberries can meet the daily requirement of vitamin C, keeping the immunity high and lower stress, anxiety. It is rich in antioxidants which reduces chances of infection too. (Fruits good for teenagers for hormones)
Jaggery and Sesame:
As a natural sweetener, it is loaded with antioxidants and minerals like zinc which help prevent free radicals (responsible for weakening of body cells). It helps boost resistance against infections thereby building stronger immunity and is considered as immunity booster food for kids. Jaggery bars made with peanut and sesame are great for fighting winter flu. Sesame seeds are a good source of several nutrients crucial for the immune system including zinc. Zinc works as a shield to protect the body from any virus attack. (Foods to help with stress and menstrual pain)
- Curcumin, a compound found in turmeric, offers therapeutic relief. It is a rich antioxidant which supports against body cell damage thus, acts as immunity booster food for kids. It has been found to delay or reverse diseases or age related decrease in body functions. Other good herbs are Shallaki, Brahmi, Ashwagandha, Licorice (Mulethi).(Easy to feed cold and flu home-remedy for kids)
- This cultured butter is high in vitamin A (good for eyes and immunity) and omega 3 and 6 (good for brains). It also portrays an excellent ratio of omega 3: omega 6 (1:4) making it a safer nutritious choice and great food to increase immunity in child naturally. Not many other commonly used oils have this ratio resulting in health damages. (Is saturated fat good for bad for the body?)
Papaya, Apple, Banana, Guava:
- Enriched with nutrients, Papaya is a lot more than a fibre rich fruit which has been used in medicinal science since ages. It is packed with immunity boosting Vitamin C and antioxidants. Other easy fruits to feed kids are Banana, Apple or Guava, one each of these can meet at least 50% Vitamin C requirement for the day making them ideal immunity booster food for kids. (Best fruits for small kids everyday)
- Garlic contains compound called alliin that help the immune system fight germs. These compounds have been shown to boost the disease fighting response of the body when they encounter viruses of common cold or flu. This quality makes garlic significant food to increase immunity in child naturally. (Home-remedy to solve for rashes in kids?)
We are happy to introduce our range of nutritious & tasty products for kids!!
We know that preparing and feeding healthy foods everyday is a huge task. Even more tough when kids are picky eaters. Kids prefer certain foods and formats. It is not easy to feed kids bitter Ayurvedic herbs, variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds everyday.
Mixed with Ayurvedic herbs, this unique product is an easy solution to feed daily nutrition for Immunity, Brain development, Bone strength and overall-growth to kids without any fuss.
Let’s try to make every food a child wants to eat more tasty and nutritious with (hidden) veggies, herbs and nuts.
India’s First Tasty Kids Nutrition fortified with Ayurvedic herbs.
Kids & Teens Immunity Boost Chocolate Spread | 0% preservatives | 0% refined sugar | 0% Palm oil | Fortified with AMLA, GILOY, TULSI | ORDER |
Check more products for: Immunity, Brain development, Weight, Eyesight, Sleep (hyperactivity), Hormone (acne) and Overall growth
(shipping in India and Singapore only)
Join 12000+ KIDS NUTRITION Community for Parents of small Kids & Teens.
Foods and Remedies recommended by a Nutritionist expert.
Read more blogs
- Infertility in Females
- Hormonal Hair fall: Foods that help
- 15 Healthy Brain Foods to boost your Brain
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Health Benefits of Vegetables for Kids