Our body is constantly communicating with us in its own language. We need to observe and understand the sign language that our body speaks to us. Come let’s understand. The collection of bacteria that resides in the gut is called the gut microbiome and has positive effects on behaviour, appetite, immunity (avoiding frequent infection in kids), digestive health and metabolism. Although most people think of bacteria as a bad word, human cells and bacteria live in close proximity and have a mutually beneficial connection.
Probiotics are live bacteria naturally occurring in food that are good for you, your digestion and your GUT. These are those good bacteria that help you fight off diseases causing bad bacteria and restore the balance of both. Food habits, lifestyle and antibiotics, all of them impact the gut health of your body. Your body loses good bacteria when you fall sick and take antibiotics. At this time probiotics can help to maintain the amount of good bacteria in the gut again.
Benefits of probiotics –
- Balance the friendly good bacteria in the gut and improve digestion.
- Helps in stomach discomforts such as gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, heartburn and stomach ache. It reduces the risk of severity of diarrhea from a number of different causes.
- Research shows that taking probiotics on a regular basis improves the symptoms of mental health disorders like depression, anxiety, stress etc. (More foods to manage stress and body ache?)
- Probiotics may reduce the symptoms of eczema, by restarting the disrupted immune system. (Foods and remedies to manage skin rashes?)
- Probiotics build your immunity by boosting immune cells and reduces the risk of infection in kids. (More foods that build immunity?)
Now coming to prebiotics, these are a type of dietary fiber that humans cannot digest but the gut bacteria can. Prebiotic is a source of food for your gut’s friendly bacteria.It is a food which does not get fully digested in the body and reaches the large intestine (commonly known as GUT). The good bacteria in the large intestine eat this food and flourishes.
Prebiotics should not be confused with probiotics. Each have their separate role in the battle for better gut health, where probiotics are the friendly bacteria, prebiotics in foods are food for these bacteria. (What are some foods for healthy gut?)
Benefits of prebiotics:
- Consumption of prebiotics increases the useful gut flora, which synthesize the B complex vitamins.
- Positive effect on calcium and other mineral absorption, by increasing their solubility.
- Prebiotic may help reduce inflammation, especially in your intestines, and thereby strengthen the immune system.
- Prebiotics in foods reduces constipation by maintaining the regularity of bowel movement.
- It also may help with allergy prevention and symptoms of eczema.
- Helps in maintaining healthy hormone levels. Prebiotics help your body absorb essential nutrients that help in building hormones.
- Prebiotic are fiber and eating lots of fibrous food keeps you full for a long time, thus prebiotics in foods are great for weight loss.
Signs of unhealthy gut:
There are many factors that affect kids gut health such as eating too much processed and high sugar food, stress, too little sleep and taking excessive antibiotics. All of these lead to damage to kids gut health which results in many health issues. Here are some common problems that may occur due to unhealthy gut:
- Craving for sugar
- Skin irritation
- Improper sleep or sleep disturbances
- Frequent infection in kids
- Undefined weight changes
How gut health helps in reducing frequent infection in kids?
The best gift you can ever give to your child is a healthy body and strong immunity to fight infections. Immunity plays a major role and it can be achieved by feeding some foods for immunity boost. For the world, 2020 was all about immunity. We had never dreamt about going through such trying medical and emotional conditions. It taught us that in some situations science and medicine fail to help us as spontaneously as our own immunity can. Now the question arises: How to increase immunity in children?
Your GI tract houses a large amount of your immune system. The gut contains approximately 70% of the immune system. According to the studies, it is critical for the body’s health to maintain a delicate balance in the immune system by eliminating invading pathogens while also maintaining self-tolerance to avoid autoimmunity.
What is the immune system?
Our immune system is critical in protecting our bodies from harmful invaders. Immune cells serve as your body’s first line of defense, identifying and neutralizing harmful substances that enter the body. When this system in the body is functioning properly, your kid’s bodies do not feel anything. However, if this system is not robust, your child is likely to become ill on a regular basis.
Gut health and immunity:
The immune system’s job is to keep the body healthy and protect it from viruses and bacteria. What about gut microbes (prebiotics and probiotics), and how do they play a role?
The immune system shapes the bacteria variety, and the gut has an impact on the immune system’s strength and growth. Other factors, such as nutrition, environment, and lifestyle behaviours, affect the composition of the gut flora throughout time. When everything is in order, the stomach sends out signals that encourage the development of good immunological function, which modulates immune responses. In exchange, the immune system aids in the proliferation of health-promoting bacteria in the microbiome. When you acquire an infection, it’s a symptom that your system is out of balance due to nasty germs. At this moment, good bacteria assists in the elimination of the bad bacteria and the restoration of the good bacteria equilibrium. Thus, overall gut health improves children’s ability to fight infections and reduces the frequency of infection in kids.
Recipe: Beetroot Idli with chutney and hidden herbs and nuts
Let’s make every dish tasty and nutritious by ‘hidden’ nutrition of veggies, herbs and nuts.
We are happy to introduce our range of nutritious & tasty products for kids!!
We know that preparing and feeding healthy foods everyday is a huge task. Even more tough when kids are picky eaters. Kids prefer certain foods and formats. It is not easy to feed kids bitter Ayurvedic herbs, variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds everyday.
Mixed with Ayurvedic herbs, this unique Ayurvedic chocolate spread is an easy solution to feed daily nutrition for Immunity, Brain development, Bone strength and overall-growth to kids without any fuss.
Let’s try to make every food a child wants to eat more tasty and nutritious with (hidden) veggies, herbs and nuts.
India’s First Tasty Kids Nutrition fortified with Ayurvedic herbs.
For developing strong immune system and to protect kids from cough, cold and infections, give Kids & Teens Immunity Boost Chocolate Spread | 0% preservatives | 0% refined sugar | 0% Palm oil | Fortified with AMLA, GILOY, TULSI | ORDER |
Check more products for: Immunity, Brain development, Sleep (for hyperactive kids), Weight gain, Eyesight, Digestion, Eczema, Dyslexia, Speech Delay and Overall growth.
(shipping in India and Singapore only)