Survey of 150 parents reflected on the top concerns they had for their kids. Some of the concerns, mentioned below, can be improved with the consumption of just a single nut- Pistachio! Consuming 15-40 pista for kids aged 3 to 15 years is enough to aid daily nutrition and this is one of the reasons to feed your child Pistachios everyday.
A common snack today and used in multiple cuisines, Pistachio became popular only after WWII. It had been growing in the Middle East for several thousand years before its introduction to wider Europe and Asia. It is not a nut originally but a seed of the Pistachio tree.
- Strong Muscles: This nut has 7g protein in just a handful. It is one of the best nuts to consume in a large quantity since its low in calories yet loaded with good fat. Protein accounts for approximately 21 percent of the total weight of the nut, making it a good source for vegetarians and vegans and this is another reason to feed your child Pistachios everyday.
Healthy Weight: Pistachios are very low in sugar which will help to keep the tab on child’s sugar consumption. Due to high fibre content it digests slowly and helps in keeping the child full for longer duration. In a study people who ate 1.87 ounces of pistachios over a 12-week period experienced twice the reduction in their body mass index as people who ate pretzels (Junk) instead of pistachios. Both groups consumed roughly the same amount of calories.
Brain: This nut is rich in vitamin E, B6 and healthy fats which are useful for cognitive development of the brain. A research conducted across multiple nuts showed that pistachio consumption produced the greatest gamma wave response which is necessary for learning, memory and cognition in the brain.
- Immunity: Antioxidants are substances that play a critical role in health. They reduce the risk of diseases by preventing damage to the body’s cells by safeguarding against the free radicals. Pistachios are high in antioxidants compared to other nuts and seeds and this is one of the important reasons to feed your child Pistachios everyday.
- Strong Muscles: This nut has 7g protein in just a handful. It is one of the best nuts to consume in a large quantity since its low in calories yet loaded with good fat. Protein accounts for approximately 21 percent of the total weight of the nut, making it a good source for vegetarians and vegans and this is another reason to feed your child pistachios everyday.
- Eyesight: Pistachios are a rich source of both antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin which support healthy vision and protect against weak eyesight in future.
- Digestion: Pistachios are a great source of fibre which support the rise in good bacterias in the gut. This encourages healthy digestion and prevents constipation in kids
Sleep: Packed with protein, vitamin B6, and magnesium, this nut has all that contributes to better sleep. It is a natural source of melatonin which induces sleep. Just a few pistachios an hour before bedtime can do the trick for kids as well as adults.
Recipe for Banana Pista Chocolate Mousse
We are happy to introduce our range of nutritious & tasty products for kids!!
We know that preparing and feeding healthy foods everyday is a huge task. Even more tough when kids are picky eaters. Kids prefer certain foods and formats. It is not easy to feed kids bitter Ayurvedic herbs, variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds everyday.
Mixed with Ayurvedic herbs, this unique product is an easy solution to feed daily nutrition for Immunity, Brain development, Bone strength and overall-growth to kids without any fuss.
Let’s try to make every food a child wants to eat more tasty and nutritious with (hidden) veggies, herbs and nuts.
Banana Pista Chocolate Mousse
- 1 ripe banana pieces (frozen for a few hours)
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup soft tofu or less than ½ cup nut milk (almond or coconut)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp roasted pistachio powder
- Iyurved’s 5 herbs and 7 nuts choco spread (order here)
- Honey/ jaggery as per sweetness or other sweetener
- vanilla essence (optional)
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
Mix all in a blender. Keep refrigerated in a bowl for some time. Serve.
My younger one LOVES this!
India’s First Tasty Kids Nutrition fortified with Ayurvedic herbs.
If your child is a picky eater or does not take enough nutrition for the day, you can give ‘5 Ayurvedic herbs and 7 Nuts’ chocolate or savoury spreads to meet daily Nutrition ORDER | 0% preservative
Daily Nutrition for: Immunity, Brain development, Bones and Overall growth
(shipping in India only)
Join Fast-Growing KIDS NUTRITION & SKINCARE Community for Parents of small Kids & Teens.
Foods and Remedies recommended by a Nutritionist expert.
Read more blogs: