What is prebiotics foods and and why it is important to include it in your daily diet?
Moong Daal (Mung Bean)
It is an outstanding prebiotic. It has been used in Ayurveda for over 1000 years to make medicine for digestion.
Other than being a food for the bacterias in the Gut, it is the most powerful antioxidant amongst all lentils, and is also loaded with many micro-nutrients. Mung bean is also extremely high in Protein, which digests slowly and keeps the kids energetic and Fit.
Due to these powerful results, billion dollar companies in the west are moving to Moong Daal (Mung bean) to prepare plant-based non-veg. protein which is more nutritious than original. (What are other easy protein sources for kids?)
Soaked Mung bean can be cooked for a longer while with extra water into a soup or blended into a paste of Dal for small kids. Its so rich in good bacterias and fibre that it helps in easy digestion and manages gas, colic, bloating in kids.
Without removing the cover of the mung bean, it can be prepared as Khichdi (porridge), Wrap, Cheela (pancake), Dosa or a paste to add in bread dough for all age-groups. (How to feed nutrition to toddlers?)
Recipe for Spinach Lentil wrap:
- 1cup whole mung bean (soak overnight) and blend/purée with spinach leaves (boiled or not) and enough water to make pancake like (not too runny) batter (Does soaking lentils or beans benefit health?)
- Add salt, pepper and carrom seeds (optional)
- Spread on hot non-stick pan (add drops of oil to cook). Covering the wrap helps to cook faster and better.
- Flip to cooks on other side.
- Take off the pan and serve with sauce or dressing (recipes of some super healthy homemade spreads)
- Stuff and roll with cheese, lettuce or salad leaves, grated carrot, mashed avocado, sliced tomato, cabbage and/ or other veggies or
- Just serve plain.
Recipe for Mung Bean Soup
- 1 cup mung beans of any variety (wash and soak in double water for 8 hours or overnight)
- 4 cups water for cooking
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ghee (optional)
- Salt as per taste (no salt for babies under 12 months)
Add soaked mung bean to 4 cups water along with turmeric, cumin and put to boil in a pressure cooker or covered container. Once it whistles twice or is completely cooked and cooled, take it in a mixer to grind it to a paste. Add some ghee on top. Serve warm.
We are happy to introduce our range of nutritious & tasty products for kids!!
We know that preparing and feeding healthy foods everyday is a huge task. Even more tough when kids are picky eaters. Kids prefer certain foods and formats. It is not easy to feed kids bitter Ayurvedic herbs, variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds everyday.
Mixed with Ayurvedic herbs, this unique product is an easy solution to feed daily nutrition for Immunity, Brain development, Bone strength and overall-growth to kids without any fuss.
India’s First Tasty Kids Nutrition fortified with Ayurvedic herbs.
If your child is a picky eater or does not take enough nutrition for the day, you can give ‘5 Ayurvedic herbs and 7 Nuts’ chocolate or savoury spreads to meet daily Nutrition ORDER | 0% preservative
Daily Nutrition for: Immunity, Brain development, Bones and Overall growth
(shipping in India only)
Check what our Satisfied Parents have to say!
Join Fast-Growing KIDS NUTRITION & SKINCARE Community for Parents of small Kids & Teens.
Foods and Remedies recommended by a Nutritionist expert.
14 thoughts on “What is prebiotics foods: Super Easy Pre-Biotic Fiber”