Do you worry that your kid isn’t eating any fruits? Are they still picky eaters despite your best efforts to get them to eat? Fruits health benefits are endless, but despite knowing this fact, are you unable to feed them? Continue reading for suggestions on how to get kids to eat their fruits.
WHATSAPP for concerns like Speech Delay, Low Weight, Frequent Illness, Hyperactivity, Low Concentration, Weak Eyesight, Improper Sleep, Pigmentation, Pores, Face Marks, Fine Lines , Lactation etc.
Why should kids consume fruits?
Fruit supplies nutrients including vitamins, minerals, dietary fibre, and phytonutrients, which keep your kid healthy and prevent chronic conditions like heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and some types of cancer.
Additionally, children are likely to develop a sweet tooth and seek foods like chocolate, candies, and sugary beverages. So, those who want to indulge in desserts, fruits offer a healthy option.
- Fruits include no cholesterol, little fat, and few calories. So, they do not compromise your child’s health.
- Fruits contain a lot of fibre, which helps your child’s intestinal system stay healthy.
- Fruits are great sources of vitamins and minerals. Fruits are a great way to increase your child’s intake of potassium. Bananas, oranges, melons, cantaloupe, and other fruits can be added to your child’s diet.
Also check, 6 healthy fibre rich recipes for kids
FRUITS HEALTH BENEFITS
Fruits’ health benefits are numerous. Some of them include:
Some fruits, including avocados, blueberries, apples, etc., are particularly good at eliminating toxins from the body and purifying it.
Also check, Apple and banana benefits for kids
Natural sugars such as fructose and glucose can be found in fruits. Both of these sugars are concentrated energy sources and can be used as a healthy alternative to processed foods with a high sugar content, such as sweets, colas, and cakes. As a result, obesity can be prevented in children in the long run.
Dietary fibre is abundant in whole fruits (with peel). The fruit’s insoluble fibre aids in giving the diet more substance. Additionally, it promotes easy digestive movement. As a result, regular bowel movements are promoted, which prevent constipation.
Also check, Quick fix for weak digestion
Keep gut healthy:
Dietary fibre that can be fermented, such as pectin, inulin, resistant starch, and lignin, are present in whole fruits. The ideal prebiotic support provided by these fermentable fibre helps to improve gut flora and in turn, keeps the gut healthy.
Also check, Role of prebiotic foods for health
Gut microbiota is improved when fruits are regularly consumed in the appropriate proportions. By keeping the immune system strong, a healthy gut flora enhances overall health. Additionally, fruits supply necessary vitamins, minerals, and bioactive chemicals that are also important for sustaining immunity.
Also check, What are probiotic foods for gut health?
Bone health and growth:
Fruit aids in acquiring potassium. Fruits are a great source of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that may also support bone health.
Except for vitamin B12, whole fruits are a good source of almost all vitamins. They are also abundant in bioactive substances such as phenols, flavonoids, and carotenoids as well as minerals. These nutrients contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that improve overall health.
FRUITS OPTIONS FOR KIDS
|TYPE OF FRUIT||FRUITS LIST||BENEFITS|
|Yellow and orange fruits||Orange, grapefruit, banana,mango, peaches, pineapple, Persimmons,Papaya, starfruit, Nectarines||Rich in beta carotene and good for the eyes of child|
|Red fruits||Tomato, apple, cranberry, strawberries, watermelon, plums||Sources of powerful antioxidants and vitamins. Good for heart health|
|Green coloured fruits||Green apple, guava, kiwi, pear, grapes, melon, lime, custard||Rich in calcium. Supports bone health and growth.|
|Seasonal fruits||Jackfruits, mango, lychee, cherry, pineapple, strawberry.||High in nutritional value because they are fresher and consumed closer to the harvesting period|
Also check, Hormones happy fruits list for teens and kids
HOW TO ENCOURAGE CHILDREN TO EAT FRUITS?
- Make the produce easily accessible. Keep clean apples, bananas, and other fruit readily available. Everything you give your child should be presented elegantly because appearance is crucial.
- Prepare more desserts with fruits in them. In your three meals, try to incorporate some fruits . Increase the amount of fruits you use in meals by being more creative.
- Let your child choose his favourite fruits when you take him to fruit shops. Give the whole fruit instead of the fruit juice. Rather than unhealthy snacks, give your child fruit. Create a little fruit garden because children will enjoy eating what they have grown.
- Put a variety of hues on your child’s plate to make eating fruits enjoyable. Take your kids along while you prepare different meals.
- Whenever your child tries to consume a new fruit , praise him for his efforts so that they tend to eat more.
DAILY FRUIT CHART FOR KIDS
|Age/Gender||Serving size (in cups)|
|14-18 year boys||2|
|14-18 year girls||1.5|
It’s no SECRET that following an Ayurvedic lifestyle has numerous advantages. This unique collection of Ayurvedic spreads is an easy solution to feed daily nutrition for Immunity, Eye, Brain development, Bone strength and overall growth to kids without any fuss. To know more about kid’s ayurvedic foods – SHOP HERE.
India’s First Tasty Kids Nutrition fortified with Ayurvedic herbs.
If your child is a picky eater or does not take enough nutrition for the day, you can give Daily Nutrition Chocolate Spread | Made with clinically proven ‘5 Ayurvedic Herbs and 7 Nuts’ | ORDER | 0% preservative | 0% Palm oil |
Immunity, Gut health, Digestion, Weight, Brain development, Speech delay, Epilepsy, Eye health, Hormones, Sleep, Hyperactivity, Bones and Overall growth
Read more blogs: