Apple cider vinegar (ACV) isn’t a miracle cure but the benefits are phenomenal. Uses of apple cider vinegar have been in action since ancient times for cooking, cleaning, home remedies and medications. Today, it is well known for its benefits for boosting skin, weight loss, heart health, blood sugar regulation, overall health and good gut bacteria. (Beauty foods for skin and hair) Research about the benefits of apple cider vinegar shows wonders. ACV has a lot of disinfectant, antimicrobial, antioxidant and preservative properties too. It is calorie free and also adds flavors to various foods.
Apple cider vinegar with “mother” is used for consumption. This is the unfiltered and unrefined version of vinegar with a cloudy appearance. It contains beneficial bacteria, protein and yeast. Apple Cider Vinegar with “Mother” nurtures our gut health by helping the good bacteria (probiotics) to grow and also kills the bad bacteria. (Probiotics for gut health)
What is apple cider vinegar?
Formation of ACV is a 2 step process. Sugars present in the apples are fermented using yeast or bacteria. Firstly, they are converted into alcohols and then in to acids. This process of conversion of sugar to vinegar is called fermentation. Strong smell and sour taste to vinegar generates in this process. ACV most of the time has 5 percent acetic acid. Briefly, it contains citric, malic, and also lactic acids to some extent. Ongoing studies show that ACV has a great potential to affect the body performance. It boosts, promotes, reduces and provides various benefits to skin, hair and body. Here are few popular benefits of apple cider vinegar-
9 Health benefits: apple cider vinegar
- Kills harmful bacteria and pathogen
- It also acts as food preservative .
- It helps in lowering blood sugar levels by improving insulin function.
- ACV aids weight loss by giving the feeling of satiety and this obviously helps in less calorie intake.
- Boosts skin health by balancing pH and providing protective barriers to the skin.
- Improves and flourish healthy gut flora in the body. The more the good bacteria the stronger the gut.
- Body uses apple cider vinegar to boost the immunity. (Immunity boosting foods)
- Apple cider vinegar alters the scalp’s pH which makes it harder for the yeasts to grow, as a result helps in preventing dandruff.
- It strengthens the hair and keeps it clean.
9 additional health benefits: Apple cider vinegar
- It reduces cold and sinus pain. (Remedies for cold and flu in kids)
- As ACV has antibacterial properties. For that reason it prevents skin infections cause by skin injuries.
- One of the benefits of apple cider vinegar is drying out the popped pimples. Especially acetic and other acids are responsible for this.
- Benefits of apple cider vinegar is also seen in energy improvements. (Complete daily nutrition meal)
- Apple cider vinegar reduces bad cholesterol and improves heart health.
- ACV keeps away smelly feet and armpits away by fighting bad smelling bacterias and maintaining the ph.
- Alleviates inflammation.
- Many detoxes uses apple cider vinegar as a main ingredient to help clean the body. (5 ways to detox)
- It is quite counterintuitive that ACV helps in reducing acid reflux. It does so lowering the production of acids in the body.
In the same manner, you can also use ACV for cleaning toothbrushes, making cleanser, trapping fruit flies, making facial toners, bath and hair rinses and cleaning fruits and vegetables too.
How to use apple cider vinegar?
ACV can be used in multiple ways right from cooking, cleaning, drinking, skin and hair products, disinfectant, antibacterial, salad dressings, preservatives and many more. The use of concentrated ACV is not advisable. 1-2 tablespoons (5-30 mL) a day is enough. It is always RECOMMENDED to use diluted form of ACV.
The Side effects of apple cider vinegar:
The side effects of apple cider vinegar is broad. ACV is completely safe. Anything in excess is harmful. Excess drinking or consumption or even using highly concentrated ACV shows side effects.
- Damages teeth as it’s highly acidic
- Cause potassium level to drop
- May slow digestion or upset the stomach
- Possibilities that it will hurt your throat
- May interact with certain medications
Recipe: Apple Cider Vinegar jellies
- 1 cup Fruit juice (homemade berry or orange)
- Keep on low flame till it simmers lightly
- Remove and cool for 1 minute
- Hot fruit juice + ½ cup Apple cider vinegar + 4 tbsp Gelatin + 2 tbsp Honey (or more)
- Transfer to any mould or plate. Refrigerate for an hour or more till firm. Cut into shapes. Store in fridge for future use
- Only use Apple Cider Vinegar with ‘Mother’
- Don’t over heat juice as it can become bitter
- Mix ingredients properly till Gelatin dissolves
- Cut into single dosage size for easy consumption
- Add more juice to keep it sweet for kids
We are happy to introduce our range of nutritious & tasty products for kids!!
We know that preparing and feeding healthy foods everyday is a huge task. Even more tough when kids are picky eaters. Kids prefer certain foods and formats. It is not easy to feed kids bitter Ayurvedic herbs, variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds everyday.
Mixed with Ayurvedic herbs, this unique product is an easy solution to feed daily nutrition for Immunity, Brain development, Bone strength and overall-growth to kids without any fuss.
India’s First ever Tasty Kids Nutrition fortified with Ayurvedic herbs.
If your child is a picky eater or does not take enough nutrition for the day, you can give ‘5 Ayurvedic herbs and 7 Nuts’ chocolate or savoury spreads ORDER | 0% preservative
Daily Nutrition for: Immunity, Brain development, Bones and Overall growth
(shipping in India only)
Check what our Satisfied Parents have to say!
Join 9000+ KIDS NUTRITION Community for Parents of small Kids & Teens.
Foods and Remedies recommended by a Nutritionist expert.
Read more blogs: