Sugar is sugar! Cane sugar. Raw sugar. White sugar. Brown sugar. Refined sugar. Corn syrup. Sucrose. Palm sugar. These are some commonly known names of sugar added to food to sweeten it. Chances are we often intake variety of candies, energy drinks, baked good, sauces, packaged goods, sweetened dairy on a daily basis. All of this totals to excess of sugar in our body.
Read the previous post on What is the problem with sugar?
- Date sugar is made by drying and powdering the dates. It is an easier sweetener to add to baked goods like cakes and cookies, and also to porridge and oat meals. Apart from making the dish sweet, it is a powerhouse of antioxidants, iron and fibre.
- Black strap molasses is made after the third boiling of sugar cane juice. The majority of sugar (sucrose) from the original juice has crystallized and been removed. It is considered a dietary supplement. 1 tablespoon can give up to 20% of daily recommenced intake of several vitamins and minerals. The taste of this is strong but can blend well with other ingredients in smoothies, shakes, cakes and cookies.
Recipe: Almond Oat Dates Cookie
We are happy to introduce our range of nutritious & tasty products for kids!!
We know that preparing and feeding healthy foods everyday is a huge task. Even more tough when kids are picky eaters. Kids prefer certain foods and formats. It is not easy to feed kids bitter Ayurvedic herbs, variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds everyday.
Mixed with Ayurvedic herbs, this unique product is an easy solution to feed daily nutrition for Immunity, Brain development, Bone strength and overall-growth to kids without any fuss.
Let’s make every dish tasty and nutritious by ‘hidden’ nutrition of veggies, herbs and nuts.
- ⅓ cup Almond flour/meal (Churn almonds with skin in a mixer to make almond meal or churn soaked and dried almonds without skin to make almond flour)
- ½ cup Oats (Quaker)
- 4 Dates pureed Or crushed by hand without water (take more if you need it more sweet)
- 3tbsp Coconut oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 4 tbsp Iyurved’s 5 herbs and 7 nuts choco spread (order here)
- hint of cinnamon powder or vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch salt
Mix everything by hand into a firm dough. Divide into small balls. Preheat oven 5 minutes at 180 Celsius. Take a baking paper and place balls on it. Keep in oven for baking for 5 minutes. Now take out the tray and pat down the cookies using a flat spoon to make them little thin and crispy. Place the tray back for another 8-10 minutes. Don’t let them burn but cookie edges should go brown. Once done, take out the rack and let it cool. Serve!! or apply Iyurved’s 5 herbs and 7 nuts choco spread on top also (order here)
India’s First Tasty Kids Nutrition fortified with Ayurvedic herbs.
If your child is a picky eater or does not take enough nutrition for the day, you can give ‘5 Ayurvedic herbs and 7 Nuts’ chocolate or savoury spreads to meet daily Nutrition ORDER | 0% preservative
Daily Nutrition for: Immunity, Brain development, Bones and Overall growth
(shipping in India only)
Join 9000+ KIDS NUTRITION Community for Parents of small Kids & Teens.
Foods and Remedies recommended by a Nutritionist expert.
Read more blogs:
One thought on “Want Added Sugar Alternatives?”