Teenagers undergo major physical development and hormone imbalance during their puberty phase. These physical changes are regulated by changes in the levels of hormones which are produced by the pituitary gland—luteinizing hormone (responsible for menstrual cycle in girls) and follicle-stimulating hormone (responsible for reproductive system in both girls and boys). Surprisingly, a new born baby has high levels of these hormones which taper down in a couple of months. At adolescence, these hormones spike up again and cause major physical developments in the body of teens. At this time some hormone happy fruits can really help.
In the early puberty phase, luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone increase and cause hormone imbalance resulting in major physical changes including weight gain, outbursts of acne, height gain and behavioral change like anxiety, hyper-activity and short-temperedness. The recent lifestyle trend of teenagers has also added to much higher consumption of food which is high in both carbohydrates and fat (why is this bad?) This not only results in excessive weight gain, but also anxiety and stress leading to further hormone imbalance. Some (forgotten) seasonal fruit good for child, which can help solve these concerns of the growing kids and make hormones happy are mentioned below.
Food Good for Children’s Health
Eating right assures an adequate amount of key nutrients like calcium, iron and vitamins A, C and D. Some teens need more nutrients than average intake, particularly if they extremely active in sports and do not eat variety of fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds regularly
- They have unusually high levels of protein and iron for a fruit. They are rich in dietary fiber which helps in fixing digestion issues like bloating, constipation.
- Single serving of mulberries can meet the daily requirement of vitamin C, keeping the immunity high and lower stress, anxiety.
- Mulberry is also high in vitamin A which strengthens the eyesight and reduces the strain on eyes.
- It is rich in antioxidants which reduces early greying of hair and keeps the skin acne free. Hence it is one of the best fruits for children’s health and help teenager by making their hormones happy.
- Ber is a fruit good for child. It is a good source of calcium, phosphorus that helps in developing and maintaining stronger bones and more height.
- It also has a calming effect on the body and releases stress and anxiety.
- This fruit helps in inducing sleep. In certain traditions, it has been used to treat insomnia.
- Loaded with fibre, this fruit also helps to reduce constipation and other gastrointestinal issues.
- Lastly, this fruit is loaded with antioxidants and Vitamin C which do wonders for keeping hormones happy and teens skin acne-free and is one of the cheapest and hormone happy fruits for children’s development.
Jamun (Indian Blackberry)
- Just a bowl of this sweetish berry can serve half the daily requirement of vitamin C and Manganese, keeping the immunity of the body high. It is also high in antioxidants which keep the skin healthy and it is one of the best seasonal and hormone happy fruits for children’s health.
- These blackberries are loaded with fiber which is essential for easy digestion and solving bloating and stomach pain. It can give half the daily fiber in just a single bowl serving.
- Over 35% of daily required Vitamin K in a single serving of this berry can keep the bones strong and control menstrual blood flow.
- This fruit is exceptionally high in Vitamin C which keeps the immunity of the body high and the skin healthy. A compound present in this food tends to have anti-viral properties also, which make it fruit good for child and in teens work to balance hormones with supplement based on foods.
- The high fiber content in the fruit helps to regulate bowel movement thereby solving constipation, bloating, stomach pain, and other tummy troubles.
- Along with the high fiber content, this fruit also has a lot of water content which aids in maintaining healthy weight.
- It is also loaded with calcium absorbing minerals resulting in stronger bones.
- High levels of copper and Vitamin Bs in the fruit help with reducing stress.
- This fruit is good for immunity because of its high Vitamin C content. It also keeps the skin healthy and helps treat acne. The high dietary fiber in the food helps to solve the irritable bowel syndrome and works as a laxative to solve constipation.
- It is also high in calcium and phosphorus which work together to keep the bones strong. Consuming this fruit early in life will take care of bone troubles in future and is considered as one of the hormones happy fruits for children’s health.
- Many other berries and fruits like Phalse (Wild Blueberry), Amla (Gooseberry), Karonda (Conkerberry), Lasoda (Glueberry), Nargundi
- (Chasteberry) are loaded with goodness of health for growing kids. They are seasonally available and help to meet the daily Vitamin and Mineral requirements and are fruits for children’s health.
- Some of these are sour in taste and best can be consumed in the form of pickle or sweetened drink. Some are bitter like chaste berries but offer tremendous health benefits in balancing hormones and reducing stress levels. They are available as powder supplements.
Recipe: Wheat Berry cookie with hidden herbs and nuts
Let’s make every dish tasty and nutritious by ‘hidden’ nutrition of veggies, herbs and nuts.
Check the Recipe made with Iyurved’s secret health ingredient- DAILY NUTRITION spread.
Check more healthy recipes loved by kids.
We are happy to introduce our range of nutritious & tasty products for kids!!
We know that preparing and feeding healthy foods everyday is a huge task. Even more tough when kids are picky eaters. Kids prefer certain foods and formats. It is not easy to feed kids bitter Ayurvedic herbs, variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds everyday.
Mixed with Ayurvedic herbs, this unique product is an easy solution to feed daily nutrition for Immunity, Brain development, Bone strength and overall-growth to kids without any fuss.
India’s First Tasty Kids Nutrition fortified with Ayurvedic herbs.
Kids & Teens Hormone Balance Chocolate Spread| 0% preservatives | 0% refined sugar | 0% Palm oil | Fortified with MANJISTHA, TURMERIC, NEEM | ORDER
Daily Nutrition for: Immunity, Brain development, Bones and Overall growth
(shipping in India and Singapore only)
Join 9000+ KIDS NUTRITION Community for Parents of small Kids & Teens.
Foods and Remedies recommended by a Nutrition expert.
Read more blogs:
10 thoughts on “Hormones Happy Fruits for Teens and Kids”