Is your child not able to pay attention for extended periods? Do they hold very low sitting tolerance? Do they easily get distracted? Are they unable to control their impulses? Do you often spot them forgetful about things? Do they always find it challenging to concentrate on any task? Then indeed it’s a thing to work upon improving their attention span.
The development and daily functioning of a child can benefit in a number of ways by increasing their attention span. Keep reading to know about some effective ways for improving attention span in children.
WHATSAPP for concerns like Speech Delay, Low Weight, Frequent Illness, Hyperactivity, Low Concentration, Weak Eyesight, Improper Sleep, Pigmentation, Pores, Face Marks, Fine Lines , Lactation etc.
Why is attention span important?
Children’s attention span is crucial because it enables them to concentrate, focus, and participate fully in tasks and activities. Children that have a greater attention span can process information, finish tasks, and learn more quickly. By encouraging active listening, problem-solving abilities, impulse control, and emotional management, it enhances their academic success, social interactions, and overall growth. Children with longer attention spans do better in school, learn more, and function better overall in many areas of their lives.
Techniques to improve the Attention span
1. Establish a structured setting: Create a schedule and a structure for your everyday tasks. This can aid in keeping kids’ attention and help them predict what will happen next. For instance, set aside specific times for reading quietly, playing, and homework.
2. Reduce distractions: When children need to focus, the environment’s distractions should be minimised. Reduce background noise, shut off the television, and avoid using electronic gadgets unless they are absolutely necessary for the task at hand. Encourage them, for instance, to leave their phones in a different room while they study until it is finished.
3. Break tasks into smaller chunks : Instead of presenting them with a massive assignment, they should be encouraged to take on one task at a time. Set goals and divide activities into smaller, more doable pieces. For instance, if they have a big task, recommend they start with brainstorming ideas, then move on to outlining, and ultimately write the actual content.
4. Encourage active learning: Encourage hands-on activities and interactive teaching strategies to keep kids interested in learning. Their focus may be maintained and learning will be more fun as a result. For instance, if they were studying plants, you could take them on a nature walk so they could see and recognise various plant species.
5. Practice mindfulness exercises: Teach kids mindfulness exercises to help them concentrate and focus better. They can improve their attention span and calm their brains using breathing exercises and guided visualization. For instance, lead them through a brief breathing exercise where they concentrate on their breath coming in and out.
6. Provide regular short breaks: Regular breaks are important for recharging attention and preventing mental exhaustion. Encourage quick, frequent pauses during activities that call for extended concentration. For example, after 30 minutes of study, advise them to take a 5-minute break to stretch, get a snack, or perform a brief exercise.
Along with the practices that you implement, food also plays a major role in overall growth and development.
Also check, 8 ways to manage Hyperactivity in ADHD.
Foods that help in Brain development
1. Nuts: Almonds, pistachios, walnuts, and macadamia nuts all have unique qualities to offer. Macadamias support healthy brain function, while pistachio nut oils store fatty acids and fight inflammation. Almonds aid with memory improvement.
2. Seeds: Flaxseeds are a great source of fibre and omega-3 fats. They help in enhancing the parts of the brain involved in controlling mood and cognition. Ground Flaxseeds can be easily added to baked goods, oatmeal, sprinkled on salads, or desserts. Similarly according to research, Muskmelon seeds help in increasing oxygen flow to the brain thereby calming and making it stress free. Thus seeds rich in omega-3 and Vitamin E help in maintaining brain health.
3. Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha’s most highly valued advantages include its beneficial effects on stress , anxiety, attention span and mood. The ingredients in ashwagandha have anti-inflammatory, brain-protective, and stress-reducing properties that may shield your body from a number of ailments.
4. Shankhapushpi: According to Ayurveda, Shankhpushpi relieves tension and anxiety while calming the brain. Its Medhya (improves intelligence) characteristic also helps memory by functioning as a brain tonic. Take Shankhpushpi powder with warm milk or water as it assists in improving focus, attention and memory.
5. Brahmi: As per earlier studies, brahmi helps in enhancing focus and memory. Some of the chemical constituents in brahmi stimulate the neural pathways involved in cognition, which aids in the development of cognitive skills. This plant is also used to treat dementia, ASD and other mental diseases like Alzheimer’s.
6. Sage herb: Sage is a herb you shouldn’t overlook if you wish to improve your concentration and memory. It’s rich in antioxidant substances . It helps to improve the coping strategy in your brain. It helps in sharpening the memory and maintaining brain functioning.
Also check, Top 5 Ayurvedic herbs that are safe for kids.
It’s no SECRET that following an Ayurvedic lifestyle has numerous advantages. This unique collection of Kids Ayurvedic Brain Booster is an easy solution to feed daily nutrition for Brain development to kids without any fuss. Made with Proven Ingredients. No Preservatives or Artificial Colour or Flavour. No Side Effects. Trusted by 1,00,000+ Parents and Practitioners. To know more about kid’s ayurvedic foods – SHOP HERE.
India’s First Tasty Kids Nutrition fortified with Ayurvedic herbs.
For building Focus and Attention give Kids & Teens Brain Booster Chocolate Spread | 0% preservatives | 0% refined sugar | 0% palm oil | Fortified with SHANKHAPUSHPI, ASHWAGANDHA, BRAHMI | Contains OMEGA 3, PROTEIN | ORDER |
Immunity, Gut health, Digestion, Weight, Brain development, Speech delay, Epilepsy, Eye health, Hormones, Sleep, Hyperactivity, Bones and Overall growth